This facial works for both men and women of all skin types.
What You'll Need:1. (Optional for a much more enjoyable facial experience at home) Relaxation music
2. Timer (microwave oven's timer works great too)
3. 2 small bowls for mixing
4. 3 washcloths or face towels
5. To remove makeup - Olive oil, Coconut oil, Sweet Almond oil, Sunflower oil, Argan oil or Jojoba oil and cotton ball or puff
6. For cleansing - Gentle sulfate free face cleanser or soap
7. For exfoliation - Mix in advance
2 tsp finely granulated sugar
1/2 tsp of any of the above oils
1 tsp water
8. To open pores - A pot with 2 cups water or warm running water
9. Facial mask - Mix ingredients until they form a smooth paste
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp almond milk (or regular milk)
1 tsp honey
2 tea bags or fresh cucumber slices (optional for reducing puffiness in the under eye areas)
10. Light moisturizer or cream (natural product with antioxidants is highly recommended)
1. Play your relaxation music. Pull your hair up and keep bangs away from your face or cover your head with a towel. Avoid wearing a collared top as it may get soiled.
2. Wash your hands properly and dry them.
3. Cleanse the skin -
If you're wearing makeup, gently remove it using a cotton ball or puff with a drop or two of any of the above oils.
To remove excess dirt, wash your face and neck with lukewarm water over the sink using a gentle face cleanser or soap in a circular motion. Pat dry with a clean towel or washcloth.
4. Exfoliate -
Put the sugar scrub mixture in the palm of your hand and gently massage onto your face in a circular motion for about 2 minutes, paying extra attention to the nose and forehead or areas with whiteheads/blackheads. Remember NOT TO RUB to avoid skin irritation. Gently rinse your face with lukewarm water over the sink and gently wipe it with a wet washcloth. Wash and dry your hands.
* When you apply sugar to your skin, it reacts with the outermost layer of the skin (epidermis) which in turn releases the dead skin cells, allowing them to be exfoliated, exposing healthy skin cells.
Boil water in the pot and stand in front of it for about 5 minutes to allow steam to open your pores. Make sure you don't burn yourself. Another way to do it is by wetting a clean washcloth with warm water at the sink, putting it on your face and leaving it on for about 5 minutes but remember that with this method the washcloth cools down too fast.
6. Facial mask
Apply the chocolate facial mask mixture all over your face using your fingers or a clean brush. Lie down, apply wet tea bags or cucumber slices over your eyes if those areas are puffy. Leave everything on for 15-20 minutes then rinse face with lukewarm water and pat dry. Wash and dry your hands.
You may feel your skin tightening while the facial mask mixture is drying. It is expected so don't be alarmed.
* Almond milk contains nourishing compounds that can potentially improve your complexion. The flavonoids catechin, kaempferol and epicatechin found in almonds help prevent skin cells from oxidizing and dying, and the monounsaturated fats in almonds can help heal and nourish your skin. In addition, almonds and almond milk are both rich in vitamin E, which may play a specific role in acne.
Apply a thin layer of lightweight natural rmoisturizer or cream over face and neck.You're finished! You will notice immediate results that include well hydrated, fresh looking and taut skin. Repeat this process once a month or four times a year.